Pages

Followers

Saturday 18 October 2014

Hat's Off.

Hi everyone. It great how helpful other bloggers are to one another. I've loved Lou's cards since seeing them on the Lili of the Valley blog but especially her Christmas cards as she uses puff white embossing powder which looks so lovely but when I tried it, it didn't look like hers. So I emailed her and she shared her technique with me. I've used it on today's image from LOTV called Hat's Off. It's not quite to Lou's standard but I'm pleased with my first attempt. I hope you like it.


Close up of the snowman...



 

 

...and the robin.
 
 


Another photo...


I took a few photos as the snow looked a more cream colour on some of the photos.

As well as LOTV's Hat's Off stamp I also used a Robin stamp from their Mini Christmas Icons set 79 and the sentiment was from their Christmas Grungy Messages set 33. Coloured the images with Copic Ciao pens.
I used paper from LOTV- Simple Joys paper pad.
The dies used were Memory Box- Frosted Spruce and Frosted Christmas Tree, La La Land- Picket Fence and Joy Crafts- Ice Crystal One.
WOW!- White Puff Twinkle Embossing Glitter was the product I used for the snow.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:-
Craftyhazelnut's Patterened Paper October Challenge
A Gem of a Challenge- CREATE A SCENE
Little Claires Challenge- Christmas Theme
We Do Doobadoo Challenge- Christmas
Divas By Design- Texture Embossing
Deep Ocean Challenge- Christmas in October
Crafty Little Fairies Challenge- Only One Designer Paper. Top Three Winner
Crafty Calender Challenge- Bingo Embossing, Sentiment, Sparkle.
LOTV Challenge- Anything Goes


I'm really looking forward to Sunday as I'm going to the Stamp Magic craft show at Doncaster Dome and meeting up there with Chris and Lexi. Poor Chris and Stuart will mostly be bags carriers or doing the crossword whilst me and Lexi buy lots of crafty goodies, lol! It is my anniversary present from Stuart and Lexi's birthday present from us so it's only right :-). If anyone is going and sees a woman in a blue (Quickie make, yes Quickie! What can I say about the name except it was embarrassing in the shop asking for a quickie!!) power chair with crutches on the back do come and say hi.



 
Thank you for your visit and have a great weekend. Big hugs to you all.
 
Debra x
 

22 comments:

  1. A fantastic Christmas card. Your snowman is lovely and the WOW Embossing Glitter looks amazing, it really brings your die cuts to life. The robin and sentiment are great and the backing paper goes really well with your snowman's hat, scarf and mittens. Hope you have a god weekend. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Debra. Your colouring of the cute snowman is fabulous and I love all your detailing with the wonderful snowy effect.
    I hope you have a fabulous time at the craft show tomorrow.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cute image and your embsoing looks fab. Great scene. Have fun tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super fab! Love the scene you've made! Your colouring is gorgeous and I love the embossing!
    I've had my eye on this stamp!
    That little Robin is so cute too!
    Hope you have a great day tomorrow and treat yourself to lots of goodies :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debra this is just wonderful the design is fabulous and that snow well perfect. An amazing card. Enjoy Doncaster and buy lots of lovely goodies. Sorry I cannot be there but hopefully we will meet up again sometime. Love and Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super Debra - I love this image and the snowy feel you have on here. I've seen this snow effect before and thought it looked really good - is it just the fluffy embossing powder minus heat!! Such a great card.

    Thank you so much for entering this in the Crafty Calendar (Bingo) Challenge this month, lots of luck.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Debra what a delightful design, love the image, snow capped trees, fence and fun sentiment.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debra, wow love this one , gorgeous creation and love the image, frantage and all the goodies added it sure is a picture to admire.x
    luv aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, the little winter scene is gorgeous, especially with all the snow around! :-) Thanks for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week! Hugs, Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh...love the snow it looks so beautiful !! I have a special enchantment with fences and love the ones you have used on your beautiful project
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic winter scene, love the glistening snow! ...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card, the embossing looks absolutely beautiful! I love your gorgeous layout with the fence and cute robin too!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous card, you have created a wonderful winter scene - I love the snow.
    Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi..Debra your card is gorgeous,love the design and colours. Your snow looks perfect and that little robin so sweet. Thank you for the mention,anytime just ask :0) i am no expert at all and just love creating as we all do.
    Have a lovely weekend,hugs Lou.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So joyful Christmas card Debra! Love your coloring and beautiful design.
    wish you a wonderful weekend and hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute..............such a lovely designed card, so dimentional with lots of fabulous embellishments. Thank you for joining Little Claire in our latest blog challenge. xxGaynor LCDT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous card, Debra!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' Challenge!

    Good Luck

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Debra!
    So sorry to hear things haven't been so good for you! Thinking of you and sending big hugs! You're a very lovely lady and I always look forward to hearing from you and seeing your gorgeous cards! Speaking of which congrats on your top spot for this card at Crafty Fairies! Very well deserved!!
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww that's great Debra! It's a really good one to win too! You should be really proud of yourself! I did wonder if you'd see it or not as you've not been around much so thought I'd pop a message! Hope things improve a bit and I'll make sure I let you know if I see your name anywhere else :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Debra Just a note to say I hope things are Ok as I've not seen you around for a while your win with this fab card was so well deserved its magic. We were away last week in the Peak District a bit wet but enjoyed the relaxation.. Its now lots of catching up Take Care of yourself I'm thinking about you Love and Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwwww! This is simply STUNNING and you did a FABULOUS job! Yes .. I agree with you .. Lou is such an AMAZING artist .. and I love her work too! On top of that .. she's a total sweetie pie! :)

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Debra, just wanted to stop by and say that I'm thinking of you and hope you are okay! x
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving me a comment. I really appreciate you taking the time.

Debra x